Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Roasted Sweet Potato and Grains Salad



Roasted Sweet Potato and Grains Salad

Ingredients
-2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
-onion, sliced
-1 tbsp paprika
-3 tbsp olive oil
-1-2 cups cooked grain (rice, quinoa, etc.)
-3 cups of spinach
-2 tbsp lime juice
-1 tbsp honey
-2 tbsp cilantro, chopped

Instructions
  1. preheat oven to 400F
  2. toss sweet potatoes and onions in 1 tbsp olive oil and paprika
  3. bake in the oven for about 25 minutes
  4. cook grain per package instructions (I had a package of quinoa/rice that I used)
  5. whisk lime juice, honey, cilantro, and 2 tbsp olive oil
  6. top cooled grains with spinach, roasted sweet potatoes and onions, and honey lime dressing
I cannot believe how good this recipe was! The sweet potato, spinach, and the dressing make an excellent combination. The recipe takes about 30 minutes and will serve 2 people but up the ratios of the ingredients if need be. I used a quinoa and rice packet for my grains so I can say both are great grains for the dish. This sweet potato and grains salad is so healthy, filling, and flavorful you won't know what to do with yourself!

1 comment: