Wednesday, June 3, 2015

National Running Day

I was browsing the internet this afternoon and noticed it's National Running Day!! I was pretty set on making today my "off" day from running but now that I saw what day it is, I'll have to lace up the shoes and hit the trail after work. National made up holidays are great reminders to celebrate the little things in life. I'm beyond thankful for this body that allows me to run for miles through the hills of Austin. I have this beautiful neighborhood and golf course that I run through on my morning runs. I'm even grateful for the darn swallow that tries to hit me almost every morning I run by its nest. For there will always be times when I'm feeling too lazy to lace up my shoes, I will remember how lucky I am to be able to run in this beautiful city. 

Are you running today? If so, what motivates you to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment